Thursday, March 30, 2006

I believe in Miracles...

(I thought she was dead.)
Jill Carroll, U.S. Reporter in Iraq, Freed by Captors March 30 (Bloomberg)
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000082&sid=aala0EmQiaRs&refer=canada
U.S. journalist Jill Carroll has been freed after almost three months in captivity in Iraq, her employer said.......Concern for Carroll's fate increased after the body of Tom Fox, an American kidnapped with three other Christian peace campaigners in Baghdad in November, was found earlier this month. Sunni leaders including al-Duleimi called for Carroll's safe return.......
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&u=/nm/20060330/ts_nm/iraq_carroll_dc_7
......"I'm just happy to be free. I just want to be with my family," Carroll, wearing a headscarf, told Baghdad Television, adding she had had no warning she was being freed.
"Never hit me. Never even threatened to hit me," she told the channel, which run by the Iraqi Islamic Party, the Sunni Arab organization to whose officials she was released......

No comments: