Friday, March 31, 2006

( Only) TEEN EMOTION (?)

[I'll be tired today. Woke up 1.5 hours too early and could not go back to sleep due to anxiety (bad dream?).Searching Internet found this poignant poem. How many adults have truly recovered from teenage sadness, abuse, judgement, fear, low self-esteem, addictions, guilt, neglect, rejection, bad memories, disappointment, lack of direction?]
"why i can't sleep at night" by Sandy, age 15
Look at me i'm on display
harsh public inspection
all cuz i dont got any direction
looked down upon cuz im not your average girl
don't really care about my image
im just me..don't care about much else
too many things to worry about
so many reasons to be average
reasons I never understood
don't wanna be your good litte girl
don't want to give in to being one thing
too many things to think about
too many reasons to be down
push them down till you feel like youre going to explode
throw the pillow
pound on the door
Till u realize your sorrow is drowned out
By accusations of teenage normalcy
Just cuz I cant figure out what I need to be happy
fake smile..too many dawning thoughts
you feel unwanted, misunderstood
as your hope slowly rots
http://teenwriting.about.com/library/submissions/poetry/blsandy-why.htm

No comments: